Alert: State of Emergency Downgraded in Ulaanbaatar
State of Emergency Downgraded in Ulaanbaatar
The Mongolian government has publicly announced a downgrade in its state of emergency preparedness in Ulaanbaatar, effective January 11, 2021. Beginning on this date, vehicle restrictions will be lifted. Also in connection with this decision, all but the following 18 business categories will be permitted to resume limited operations:
- All sales except for food and household goods (e.g. clothing, furniture, home décor, electronic goods, construction shops, cosmetics, mobile phone repairs)
- Public events (e.g. gatherings, demonstrations, competitions, weddings, receptions)
- Bars and clubs including karaoke, billiards, etc.
- Trade fairs and exhibitions
- Online gaming centers
- Sport events (e.g. ski resorts, fitness centers, dance and yoga studios)
- Saunas and swimming pools
- Religious activities
- Cultural performances and entertainment
- Hair and beauty salons
- Massage and relaxation centers
- Resorts and tourist hotels/inns
- Street booths/fast service centers
- Mobile food trucks
- Public showers
- On-call home cleaning services
- Video recording
- Classroom and vocational trainings for more than five persons
Citizens are encouraged to review previous Embassy announcements containing guidance on the measures adopted by the Mongolian government related to the community transmission of COVID-19 by visiting: https://mn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.
Update on Consular Services
Routine consular services at the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar remain suspended at this time, and will resume as soon as they are deemed safe for visa applicants and American citizens. If you are an American citizen in need of emergency assistance, please contact +976 7007-6001.